The songs from Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Netflix film features 17 tracks of musical extravaganza
Sony Music Masterworks has released the official soundtrack to the acclaimed Netflix film, tick, tick… BOOM!—an album containing music from the film adaptation of Jonathan Larson’s autobiographical musical directed by Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winner Lin-Manuel Miranda.
The soundtrack features songs by Jonathan Larson, who revolutionized theater as the creator of Rent, as performed by the film’s star-studded cast, which includes Academy Award® nominee & Tony Award® winner Andrew Garfield, Alexandra Shipp, Tony Award® nominee Robin de Jesús, Tony Award® nominee Joshua Henry, Emmy Award® nominee Mj Rodriguez, Emmy Award® winner Bradley Whitford, Grammy® Award winner Tariq Trotter a.k.a. Black Thought of The Roots, with Emmy® and Tony Award® winner Judith Light and Vanessa Hudgens.
Rounding out the 17-track collection are 4 bonus numbers, including a special end credits reprise of “Come To Your Senses” featuring multi-Grammy®-nominated powerhouse singer/songwriter Jazmine Sullivan and a cover version of the previously unreleased Jonathan Larson song, “Only Takes a Few” performed by acclaimed folk band The Mountain Goats.
The soundtrack was produced by Grammy®, Tony® and Emmy® winners Alex Lacamoire and Bill Sherman along with Kurt Crowley, mixed by Grammy® winner Greg Wells and music supervised by Grammy® winner and Emmy® nominee Steven Gizicki. In addition to the digital release, the album is set to be released in physical formats, with its CD out now and vinyl arriving in 2022, which you can preorder here.
tick, tick…BOOM! which marks the feature directorial debut of Lin-Manuel Miranda, premiered in select theaters on Friday, November 12 and was released globally on Netflix last Friday, November 19.
The film follows Jon (Andrew Garfield), a young theater composer who’s waiting tables at a New York City diner in 1990 while writing what he hopes will be the next great American musical. Days before he’s due to showcase his work in a make-or-break performance, Jon is feeling the pressure from everywhere: from his girlfriend Susan, who dreams of an artistic life beyond New York City; from his friend Michael, who has moved on from his dream to a life of financial security; amidst an artistic community being ravaged by the AIDS epidemic. With the clock ticking, Jon is at a crossroads and faces the question everyone must reckon with: What are we meant to do with the time we have?
tick, tick…BOOM! (SOUNDTRACK FROM THE NETFLIX FILM) TRACKLISTING:
1. 30/90 – Andrew Garfield, Joshua Henry, Vanessa Hudgens, Robin de Jesús, Alexandra Shipp, Mj Rodriguez
2. Boho Days – Andrew Garfield, Robin de Jesús, Alexandra Shipp, Joshua Henry, Vanessa Hudgens
3. Green Green Dress – Joshua Henry
4. No More – Andrew Garfield, Robin de Jesús
5. Johnny Can’t Decide – Andrew Garfield, Vanessa Hudgens, Joshua Henry
6. Sunday – Andrew Garfield, The Moondance Diner Ensemble
7. Play Game – Tariq Trotter
8. Therapy – Andrew Garfield, Vanessa Hudgens
9. Swimming – Andrew Garfield, Vanessa Hudgens, Joshua Henry
10. Come to Your Senses – Alexandra Shipp, Vanessa Hudgens
11. Real Life – Robin de Jesús
12. Why – Andrew Garfield
13. Louder Than Words – Andrew Garfield, Vanessa Hudgens, Joshua Henry
14. Come to Your Senses (End Credit Version) – Jazmine Sullivan
15. Green Green Dress (Bonus Track) – Andrew Garfield, Alexandra Shipp
16. Out Of My Dreams (Bonus Track) – Veronica Vasquez
17. Only Takes a Few (Bonus Track) – The Mountain Goats
tick, tick… BOOM! (Netflix film) Official Soundtrack is out now on all digital music platforms worldwide via Sony Music Masterworks.